More birthdays, more cake! One may or may not have been shaped as a penis and decorated with three different colors of frosting. It might have been baked by Mars, but that cannot be confirmed or denied.
It was doppelgänger week on Facebook, which involves changing your profile picture to one of a celebrity that you’ve been told (or just vainly believe) that you resemble. Here are ours:
Mars has been kept busy by:
- This adorable office kitteh makes me want to move back to Japan
- I didn’t mean to stick to the Russian pop scene, but Nadeea showed up at the Grammys and let me know that she existed and I’m glad she did. Otherwise I would never have known that she is “already an icon”, as her website states. Also, I felt that the music world had been neglecting polar bears, but thankfully, Nadeea knows that they “want to suck on icy potions” and “never get eviction notices”.
- The games on the [adult swim] website are super distracting, and also, awesome.
- A Penny Arcade comic involving unicorns has been squee-ed over all week, it might get laminated.
- Side note: this is the most incredible and delicious discovery EVER
This week has been mad busy, with reorganizing, working and so many birthdays. Which of course means, we’ve been stuffing ourselves with CAKE.
This is what Mars has been up to, apart from eating cake:
- I got this sms from Marple in the beginning of the week, so it’s safe to say that we have both taken our Zachary Quinto obsession to an exciting new level. A level involving Tori Spelling.
- Damn you, Pop Cap Games! You have ensnared me yet again, this time with the game Plants vs. Zombies
- Oh Russia. You have such amazing pop stars.
Marple has realised two things this week. The first is that she only likes cake in theory and the second is that the internet is full of amazing and brilliant things. Okay, so she probably knew at least one of these things before now, but here’s a few reasons why the latter is true:
- Tumblr! I’ve only been tumblr-lurking up until now, but I went and got myself an account. Find me here.
- THE BEST SITE EVER.
- Yes, omg! A collection of semi-trashy gothic book covers! On a suitingly black/red layout that’s like a classier, grown up version of goth poetry webpages on Geocities and Angelfire from the late nineties-early noughties.
- Combining the awesomeness of William Shatner & Tumbler: Fuck Yeah! William Shatner!
- In the style of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, here’s Gone with the Wind with Vampires:
- Last but not least, Top 100 Cheesiest Film Quotes. To the surprise of no one half of them are spoken by Nicholas Cage and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
We were supposed to put this up yesterday, but we were too busy eating pancakes, cake and bacon. Instead you get this today, to sneakily read on your coffee breaks at work.
This week, Mars has been devoting her time to:
- Getting the hang of Twitter. My main disovery is how much fun it is to read Tyra’s tweets. There are no words to describe this woman. She amuses me so much, except when she acts like she’s the new Oprah. Then she just frightens me.
- Continuing my fight against tights as pants. *ahem*, THEY ARE NOT PANTS. My friend linked this to me on facebook, and I have spent the week in a state of flabbergastation (it’s a word now, deal with it). Do people think that pants are shoes as well as pants? THEY ARE NEITHER, THEY ARE JUST TIGHTS.
- Saturday was devoted to the couch & Batman, which prompted us to watch Micheal Cain abuse tangerines a few times, as well as forming the Deep Raspy Voice Alliance, whose members include:
Batman, Gob Bluth, Jack Donaghy, Dr. Girlfriend
And this is what Marple has been up to:
- I don’t even know how or why someone thought to combine these elements. But I love it. It’s like someone went inside my brain and made a youtube video of it.
- Another one! But with Bring it On! instead.
- Being absolutely baffled and bewildered by JLH’s confession that she bedazzles her vagina. It’s just. Oh, god. I don’t even know. Is she doing this on purpose to make my brain bleed? What is this I don’t even.
- That last thing has had me staring at walls in confusion, trying to grasp at understanding, but inevitably failing. So I haven’t really been doing anything memorable on the internet this week. And if I did, it’s been overshadowed by JLH’s bedazzled lady bits.
Welcome to Sunday, day of rest, greasy food and couch overdosing.
Because no Sunday is complete without at least some lazy internet time we’ve decided to each compile a list of what we’ve been up to, internet wise, this week.
This is Mars‘ picks of the week:
Mocking stereotypes via illustrations at Your Scene Sucks . My fave is the Myspace whore.
Rolling my eyes at girls like this one for giving the rest of us a bad name
Watching this clip of cats getting wastey face on mute with this song playing in the backround
And frantic Bejewled Blitzing, via Facebook and iPhone.
And as for Marple, here’s what she’s been up to:
Obsessively collecting Lady Gaga gifs. Like this one:
Obsessing a little bit too much over Zachary Quinto. Either by catching up on Heroes, which I dismissed somewhere around season 2 as an absolute shitshow of a television series, but now only watch for purely superficial reasons (link contains spoilers for the 4×13 and 4×14 episodes as well as a bunch of gifs
that may explode your ovaries). Or by stalking the Walking Posts over at ONTD_StarTrek and being equally as enthralled by the eyebrows as I am horrified by the man’s dress sense.
Watching every cute animal clip on youtube ever. I especially like the Surprised Kitty and the Slow Loris clips. (And subsequently wondering if there is any correlation between estrogen and liking adorable animals.)
Watching the video for Julian Casablancas’ 11th Dimension and realising, yes, I’d still tap that.
Being blown away by Miranda July’s Reading List on Viceland.com.
But mostly I’ve been fiddling about with the settings and things on this blog. As well as checking Facebook way to often.